We accept donations
to support our work.
Sponsored Links to
PharmacyChecker.com: Compare drug prices and save money at verified online pharmacies.
ConsumerLab.com: Evaluates the quality of dietary supplement and herbal products.
Unsolicted phone calls are a serious and growing nuisance in our society. Systems now exist that can broadcast millions of robocalls per day for a single vendor—and most such calls are scams. The Federal Trade Commission is getting more than 200,000 complaints per month about them. Robocall Watch was set up to provide comprehensive information and explore strategies that can strengthen government protection and prevent you from being victimized.
NOTE: This site is under construction. Some links are not yet active, the search functions are not yet functional, and the lists have not been set up.
About This Site
General Information about Robocalls
- How Robocalls Harm (posted 4/13/15)
- How Robocalls Are Made
- Relevant Laws
- Actions Needed
- Opposition by Land Line Telephone Companies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Robocalls: All the Rage (FTC Summit presentation by Henning Schulzrinne, FCC)
- Letter to FCC from 30 State Attorneys General (posted 3/16/18)
- Common Robocall Tricks (posted 3/16/18)
- Scraper Pro, Phone Broadcast Club, and IbuzzPro: How to Become a Nuisance in Two Easy Steps (link to Quackwatch)
- FTC Summit (2012)
- Stopping Fraudulent Robocall Scams: Can More Be Done? (7/10/13) (posted 4/30/15)
- Hanging Up on Phone Scams: Progress and Potential Solutions to this Scourge (7/16/14)
- Private Industry's Role in Stemming the Tide of Phone Scams (11/19/14)
- "Catch Me If You Can": The IRS Impersonation Scam and the Goverment's Response (4/15/15)
- Federal Trade Commission
- Federal Communications Commission
- State Attorneys General
- National Association of Attorney General Actions
What You Can Do
- Register with the Do Not Call List
- Check whether you are on the Do Not Call List
- Sign Consumer's Union's petition
- Where to Complain
- Block Calls with Nomorobo
- Ask Land Line Companies to Enable Simultanous Ring
- Pressure the FCC
- Keep Informed: Join Our Activists List
Links to Other Sites
|Robocall Watch home page
visitors since 4/10/15:
Portions of Robocall Watch are updated several times a year.
Last update: March 16, 2018
All articles on this Web site except government reports are copyrighted.
Single copies can be downloaded for personal education; other uses without authorization are illegal.
"Quackwatch" and the duck picture are service-marked; their unauthorized use is illegal.
Site design was developed by Marty Mapes of Boulder Information Services